Pages

Sep 20, 2010

Balancing school and being housewife

Today is a typical day for me this semester. I got up at 10 (waaay too late for my taste, but recently I've been having trouble sleeping), got dressed, ate breakfast, packed a light lunch and left for the University Library, stayed until they closed at 8... picked up a few books to read and note at home.... and here I am. It's now 8:30pm and I'm tired... exhausted even... and now I'm supposed to cook supper (and preferably a healthy one), do the dishes and do the laundry... And I need to take a shower... *Phew*!

As you can see: It's a hectic life these days.

My new way of life is totally different from what it was a year ago. Then I studied moderatly to litle and got only half way decent grades. This summer, when I was at the field work course, I met a fellow student that got straight A's last semester. She gave me all her study secrets, and woilla! Here I am, studying from 8am to 8pm whenever I can.

But then, last week the clutter took over. The house was a mess! I was dreading getting home each day because it was so ... well... cluttered! On top of that, my birthday was last week and we were getting house guests. *sigh* Just the shear preasure got me so down my husband barely dared speak to me. Poor man, I was a mean wife a few days last week.
My birthday wish this year? It was to wake up to a clean and tidy home. And after helping out a bit myself, on my birthday morning I woke to find most of the house in tip- top order. Clever husband of mine!

So, to the point, after having survived "the revenge of the clutter" I have decided to try and get some order in the daily schedule too. I have to get some time to clean and cook AND relax in between all the studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment