Pages

Nov 19, 2010

Looking back

Today, when I was doing research for my term paper, I found an old note I had written a couple of years ago.
I thought id post it before I threw out the note, so here it is.

So small
so fragile
Will you be dead tomorrow
Are you in pain my dear
is that why you are sleeping
are you walking tomorrow
are you hungry today
why are you so silent


It's a bad and silly poem, but i wrote what was running through my head.
If I remember correctly I was sitting in bed in the middle of the night watching my husband sleep. The same day I had been at the hospital visiting my friends newborn baby. He had nearly died, and the image of him laying there was somewhat haunting me. It was also during one of the more difficult periods of my husbands depression and I was always wondering if he would come home to me.
Thankfully those days are behind us now, and we are again happy and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment