Pages

Nov 2, 2010

24 Long hours

I am utterly exhausted! I have been traveling for 24 hours, and it has certainly taken it's toll on me.

Last tuesday my grandmother collapsed and broke her pelvis 2 places and suffered a stroke. We don't really know came first: the fall or the stroke, but she was very ill. My mother called me and told me that I should consider going back south to see her... possible for the last time. She is 88 years old and has a bad heart, so the possibility that she won't recover is quite high, so I jumped on the internett and bought a plane ticket.

So since wednesday I have been on the west coast staying with my parents. I also got to go to the baptism of my newest niece. She is so cute! And she has the same hair as me - red! I also visited my best friends and my in-laws.

It was a great trip all in all... untill yesturday. I was flying down to Oslo to fly back to Tromsø around 4pm yesturday, but the weather here (in Tromsø) was extremely windy so they closed the airport. We waited for 2 hours on the plane before they told us we would not be able to leave for Tromsø that night. We got new tickets for 6:30 this morning and a hotel room for the night. The hotel room was nice, but I had big problems falling asleep, so I only got 2 hours of sleep before I had to get up and leave for the airport at 4 am.

I checked in, got to the gate and sat down with my computer to read a litle for my term paper due this week. After about 10 minutes a message came up on the screen that we would get more info at 7:15 - 45 minutes after original departure. And the message was that with the cross-winds at Tromsø Airport they would not be flying us there at that time. Yeay! I though... another long wait!! Really not what I wanted.
Around 7:30 we was told that we would be leaving a litle after 8. So we boarded and thought that now we would finally get to go to Tromsø... but alas. After 20 minutes the captain told us that he could not land in Tromsø, but we would be flying to Bardufoss (about 130 kilometers from Tromsø) and land there. From there we would go by buss. And so we did... And I arrived in Tromsø hungry as h***, thirsty and sleepy a litle over 24 hours after I left from my mothers.

So now that I'm finally fed and have slept am hour or so, I am finally in good spirit again ^^.

Have you ever been un-intentionally travelled for a whole day before?

No comments:

Post a Comment