Pages

Apr 18, 2012

Menu planning

I have just started with weekly menu planning. It takes more work than what I thought it would. I have been planning a baking day for a while so I thought I would try to make a lot of food that I need. I also think that I will bake some cakes that I can store in bins and take out when we have guests or for dessert.

Here is the first week dinner menu I have planned:
Monday:  Chicken salad with green beans.
Tuesday: French blue mussel stew (with self picked blue mussel) and bread
Wednesday: Cabbage rolls
Thursday: Curry soup and cocktail medallions
Friday: The norwegian dinner course "raspeball" with salted pork and saussages
Saturday: Turkey cabaret with fruits and bread
Sunday: seafood table: Filled crab shells, crab toast, shrimps, white bread and whine, salmond paté.
and for dessert: either "American apple cake", "spice cake", fruit pie or macron hats.

For my baking day I will do
"the 3 hour bake"
"macron hats"
filled pies and baguettes
"ham hatts"
Fish pie
meat pie
filled horns
hotdog and hamburger breads
fruit pie
orange cake
spice cake
American apple cake
apple muffins

It's a lot of things so I might split it into more than one bake day, but I will make everything ready anyhow.

til next time
Mrs. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment