Pages

Jun 24, 2011

Recipe time: Recipe #1

Since I'm currently on holiday at my mom's I have decided to take advantage of all her old books and knowledge to post some recipes. Some of them, unfortunately, I no or really bad images of taken with my iphone since I left my camera up at the cabin. I will make and post better pictures as soon as I get back up north to (hopefully) our new appartment.

I hope you will enjoy these recipes and here's the first one:
  Seasoned mashed potatoes with bacon.





What you need:
0,5 to 0,75 kg potatoes
2 box cheese
2 tbs milk
1 egg
salt
pepper
chives
parsley
8 thick slices of bacon
1 tbs butter

Preparation time: 25 min.

This is how you make it:
1: Boil the potatoes and mash them.
2: Stir in the box cheese and add the milk and egg.
3: Whip the mash so it becomes soft and "fluffy". Add salt and pepper to taste.
4: Stir in cut chive and chopped parsley.
5: Cut the bacon in squares and roast them in the butter.

Serve: Put the mash in a heated dish and add the bacon.
variation: roast some onion and add on top. It gives an extra flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment